We have great news! With careful planning, we’re excited to let you know that we are opening our Kids and Student ministry classes on July 12. We will start offering our Kids and Youth programs during our Sunday 9 am and 10:45 am services! However, we will no longer be offering Kids Ministry during our Saturday night 5 pm service.
These ministries are an important part of our mission as we partner with you to lead your kids to become fully devoted followers of Christ. And, to be honest, they are just so much fun, and we’ve missed learning and laughing with your children over the past couple months! We are thrilled to be able to welcome families back into our Kids’ and Student areas and the brand-new elementary wing.
Like our redesigned weekend services, we’re taking additional steps to keep our Kids Of Hope environments safe (and fun) for your family! When you arrive, be ready for a redesigned check-in process to help support a safe environment.
- When coming into our building, kids will be asked to immediately start the check-in process and then head to their classes. We will not have the kids join us in the Big Room for the first song and announcements. For our Sun. 9 am service, kids can be checked in and dropped off starting at 8:50 am, and for our 10:45 am service, starting at 10:35 am.
- Every staff member, volunteer, and child will have their temperatures taken before checking in. Unfortunately, anyone with a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher will be asked to leave the building.
- During our redesigned check-in experience, volunteers will be there to help so you don’t need to touch anything.
- We encourage you to only send one parent into the Kids’ Hall for drop-off and pick-up to help limit hallway traffic.
- Be sure to use hand sanitizer or wash your hands before entering the Kids’ Hall, and please encourage your child to do the same.
- Keep in mind that we are asking everyone ages 6 and older to wear a mask. We realize this is exciting for some to hear, but a real bummer for others. We get it, but let’s unite on this and set a good example for our kids.
- You’ll see lots of big waves, but let’s avoid hugs, high-fives, and handshakes for now.
In addition to the redesigned check-in process, we’re taking extra care inside each room, too!
- We will be using the extra space in our New Kids’ Hall to help keep class sizes small, and we will not be having a “big group time” where all the kids are gathered together.
- We’ve increased hygiene and cleaning protocols in our kids’ spaces during and between services.
- Additional hand-sanitizing stations will be available in the check-in and hallway areas.
- All toys and hard surfaces will be sanitized after every service.
Since we are not doing a “break,” we will be asking that all Kids and Students, upon entering our building, immediately go through our check-in process and be taken to their classes. For our Sun. 9 am service, kids can be checked in and dropped off starting at 8:50 am, and for our 10:45 am service, starting at 10:35 am.
If you have any questions about what to expect, please don’t hesitate to reach out and let us know. Our whole team is here for you and your family.
Let’s work together to help keep our learning environments a safe place for everyone. If you or your child has had a fever in the past 14 days, shows any symptoms of COVID-19, or has been around anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 please stay home and participate online.
We are looking forward to seeing your entire family soon!
Shane P Friesen
NextGen/Middle School Pastor
Kids of Hope Pastor
High School Student Pastor
Kids of Hope Volunteer Director
Kids of Hope Preschool Director
Kids of Hope Elementary Director
Kids of Hope Blast Director