Middle School at Hope Community Church
Haywire is a great place to make long lasting relationships with others.
Sign up for text updates. The newest way for us to remind each other of the most important stuff happening in our student ministry. Just follow this link to @haywire and you’ll be signed up in no time.
Summer Camp June 2018
What an amazing weekend at camp this summer with Christ In Youth’s MIX camp at Lake of the Ozarks. Here are a few of our favorite highlights:
- The music was amazing! It was like being at a concert but we got to worship Jesus instead of someone on a stage.
- The messages were challenging! Learning live in the light is hard, but good. God doesn’t just want me to live for Him on Sunday, but with my whole life.
- The lake was so refreshing! We took turns riding boats a couple of different days. It was so awesome to be on the water, go tubing, and feel the wind as we sped down the water! The trip to Ha Ha Tonka and the cold spring water was pretty crazy too. Brrr!
- Decisions were made! God worked in moved in us in many different ways. A few in our group asked Jesus into their lives. Yay God!!! Many others have discovered ways to be Kingdom Workers and live for Jesus in practical every day ways.
We send out a weekly email to help parents stay in the know and win in 3 areas:
- What we are learning at our weekend service together.
- Upcoming calendar items.
- Helpful parenting tips to help you navigate life with a middle schooler (nobody said it would be easy)!
haywire weekly schedule
HAYWIRE Sundays is your opportunity to begin making some relational connections with others through our Small Groups. You’ll have a chance to hang out with kids your age, sing along to some great music, have fun competing against other Small Groups for prizes, and learn a lot about how to make a connection between God, the Bible, and your real life! Come get to know some other middle school kids and learn to live your life with purpose.
At HAYWIRE Wednesdays you’ll be able to come and enjoy a variety of ways to express yourself through games and discussions, as well as learning about the life of Jesus. We meet in the Student Center just inside the middle entrance. We aren’t just sitting around, so make sure you wear comfortable clothes and shoes. Looking forward to seeing you and meeting your friends. We just wrapped up an awesome school year. Our 2018-2019 season begins August 29!
the big chill – march 8-10, 2019
We have designed a retreat specifically for middle school students. We get what makes them tick:
Food. Fun. Friends.
There will be a ton of fun stuff to do with your friends including Zombie Apocalypse, Gaga Ball (Youtube it), a Talent Show where we’ll give-a-way over $50 of prizes, and an Abnormal Formal (think Thrift Store clothes, a DJ, and Rave rolled into a two hour extravaganza). We’ll have plenty of food to eat at meals, late at night, and during the day. The cabins are also warm, toasty, and have their own private showers.
Middle school life can be brutal sometimes. We’ll help you shuffle through the drama and give you some great sound advice to help you for life back home too.
$85.00 covers food, lodging, transportation, proper adult supervision, and a souvenir.
Pastor of Haywire Ministry:Shane Friesen
Shane, who has been working with students at Hope since 1995, has long had a passion to see young people begin to make an impact on their world and culture. He likes to help kids cultivate their gifts, engage the culture, and leave some Jesus behind because of the way they lived their lives. Having 5 kids of his own, Shane also has a passion for seeing families become the primary discipling influence of their own children. He enjoys helping equip adults on how to raise kids who love Jesus in a culture that is constantly changing. You’ll also find him tinkering with the our App, this website, and Hope’s Hope@Home ministry which helps equip our homes to become the primary place discipleship takes place.